With four more events taking place across the country this year, the Motability Scheme is getting ready for a busy summer. Our flagship show, The Big Event Birmingham, is taking place in an exciting new location for 2018, the NEC. Here you’ll be able to experience the UK’s largest display of vehicles for disabled people and discover everything you need to know about the Motability Scheme.
All our events are free to attend, with free parking. Here are 10 top tips for things you won’t want to miss.
- On arrival, collect your token for a free tea, coffee or soft drink. There’ll be water bowls for assistance dogs too.
- Meet Billy the Bear, who will be taking endless selfies and entertaining the children… and adults, throughout the events.
- Take a test drive in a vehicle fitted with popular driving adaptions.
- Explore the wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles and adaptations on display and get specialist advice.
- Talk to our Scheme partners such as RSA Motability, Kwik-fit and the RAC, as well a team from Disabled Motoring UK.
- Chill out in our quiet room which has comfy seats, low lighting and sensory toys.
- Kids can enjoy the play area with free face-painting, balloon modelling and a bouncy castle. Plus Billy the bear will be sure to make an appearance there too.
- Ask our helpful team of Motability Scheme advisors any questions or queries you may have.
- Scooters and powered wheelchairs available on the Scheme will also be on display at the event. A great opportunity to see which option best suits your needs.
- Enjoy the free golf buggy service to and from the car park to make your journey as easy as possible.
2018 dates and locations
- The Big Event Birmingham – Friday 6 July and Saturday 7 July 2018 at the NEC Regional events
- One Big Day Exeter – Saturday 28 July 2018 at Westpoint
- One Big Day Harrogate – Saturday 11 August 2018 at the Yorkshire Event Centre
- One Big Day Peterborough – Saturday 8 September 2018 at the Peterborough Arena
Visit our website for more information about our One Big Day events. We look forward to seeing you there.
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people and their families to access a brand new car or scooter, by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease the vehicle of their choice. Find out more: