This summer, the One Big Day programme of events returns to six locations across the country, offering the chance to discover worry-free motoring with the Motability Scheme. The Big Event and regional One Big Days are free to attend and showcase a wide range of vehicles available through the Motability Scheme. Taking place in Northern Ireland, NEC Birmingham, Exeter, Harrogate, Peterborough and Edinburgh, visitors will get the chance to explore and test-drive a wide range of vehicles as well as find out more about the Motability Scheme.
We want everyone to have a great experience at our events so they have been planned with all visitors in mind, ensuring all the venues are accessible to people with physical and cognitive conditions.
Here’s some extra information to help make your visit as enjoyable as possible.
- Quiet/sensory Room – there will be a quiet room with sensory products available to use at all of our events. If you would like to access this room then please let a member of the event team know.
- Quieter times of day – as our events can get quite busy, you may be interested in attending the events at the quieter times which are generally between 2pm and 4pm.
- Ear defenders – we have a limited number of ear defenders available to borrow on request. Simply ask a member of the event team if this is something you would like to use.
- Free Wi-Fi is available to all visitors.
- Loud speaker announcements will be kept to a minimum and are only used for emergencies. There will be planned announcements at 3:45pm onwards to let guests know that the show is closing at 4pm.
- Music – no music is played at any of our events.
- We’re here to help – our team of Motability Scheme advisors are there to answer questions and provide support to all our guests. So, if you need any help on the day simply let one of them know.
To get a better understanding of what it’s like to visit The Big Event or regional One Big Day, why not take a look at this short film which takes you through what to expect on the day.
The six events are for the whole family to enjoy, free to attend, with free parking too.
The dates and locations for the Motability Scheme 2020 events are as follows:
- Saturday 6 June, One Big Day at the Eikon Exhibition Centre, Northern Ireland
- Friday 3 and Saturday 4 July, The Big Event at the NEC, Birmingham
- Saturday 25 July, One Big Day at Westpoint, Exeter
- Saturday 15 August, One Big Day at Yorkshire Event Centre, Harrogate
- Saturday 5 September, One Big Day at East of England Arena, Peterborough
- Saturday 19 September, One Big Day at Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh