The Motability Scheme online account allows car and WAV customers to flexibly manage their lease and easily keep their information up to date – but did you know about the great features available for customers looking to order their next car?
If you are ready to renew you can now start your next application online from the comfort of home, saving you time at the dealership and allowing the dealer to dedicate more time to helping you find the right car.
How do I start my next application online?
To get started, visit the ‘New car application’ area of your online account. Here you’ll be able to check and update your personal details and allowance information ready for when you visit a dealership.
You can also now add the details for two of your named drivers to your application in the ‘Your drivers’ section within the ‘New car application’ area.
We’ll just need the drivers’ personal details, driving licence number and details of any insurance claims outside of the Scheme in the last five years. We’ll then check the driving licence details with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) to confirm they match their records.
You can add the details for yourself if you are wanting to drive, but if you are looking to add someone else, they will need to be with you as the DVLA state they must enter their own details.
Please note this feature is currently available for holders of an England, Scotland or Wales driving licence – you will not be able to add a driver with a Northern Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands licence.
Who can start their next application online?
This feature is currently available to car and WAV customers without an appointee, but we are working to make this available to all customers soon.
Please note that you can only start your next application in your online account if you are within the last three months of your current lease.
Other great benefits of an online account
- If you’ve recently placed an order, you can check the progress of your application and access the PIN, ready for delivery day.
- Add your bank details to receive payments such as the Good Condition Bonus by bank transfer, which means you will receive the payment quicker than if you are waiting for a cheque.
- Easily view and update personal information such as your address and contact details, giving you peace of mind that everything is up to date
- Find your managing dealer’s contact details – useful if you need to get in touch with them to arrange any servicing, maintenance or repairs
- View key lease dates and important Scheme documents to help you stay organised throughout your lease
Ready to create an online account?
If you are ready to create an online account, you can sign up here.
We’ll need your National Insurance number and date of birth so that we can verify who you are, but once you’ve created an account, you can log in at any time using your email address and chosen password.
If you have already created your online account, you can sign-in here