For the second year running, The Big Event is heading to the NEC, Birmingham on Friday 28 and Saturday 29 June. Free to attend, with free parking, our flagship event provides a great way for disabled people and their families to find out everything they need to know about worry-free motoring with the Motability Scheme.
There’s so much to explore at The Big Event, here’s a useful list of the top ten things you won’t want to miss this year:
1. Explore over 100 cars from 26 manufacturers on display, all of which are available on the Motability Scheme. Friendly advisors will be able to answer any questions you have on specific vehicles.
2. Take a test drive in a wide variety of cars, including a range of vehicles fitted with popular driving adaptations. You can book a test drive on the day; just remember to bring your full driver’s licence along with you.
3. Free speaker sessions from industry experts are a great opportunity to get lots of specialist advice and information about what’s available through the Motability Scheme. The full speaker line-up is online here.
4. Talk to our Scheme partners about what’s included in the Motability Scheme ‘worry-free’ lease package such as insurance, breakdown recovery and more.
5. Compare a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) and adaptations all under one roof and get specialist advice on your mobility options. Plus, for those who have never travelled in a WAV before, passenger WAV experiences will also be available. Book at the event for an on-the-road passenger WAV demonstration with a qualified driving instructor.
6. Meet our experienced team of Motability Scheme advisors at the Information Centre to get helpful advice and have any Scheme questions answered.
7. As well as a wide range of scooters and powered wheelchairs to explore, this year there’ll also be a new indoor scooter test drive area, so you can try selected products on a specifically designed circuit.
8. Enjoy a free tea, coffee or soft drink – on arrival everyone is given a token to redeem at one of the many café areas in the venue.
9. Younger visitors can also enjoy the play area complete with a bouncy castle, face painting and balloon modelling, all completely free of charge.
10. Plus, Billy the Bear will be there to greet new and familiar faces, and is always happy to take a selfie or two!
The fully accessible venue welcomes assistance dogs and will have plenty of water to keep them hydrated all day. There will also be access to a quiet room with sensory toys as well as ear defenders for any guests who may require them.
If you can’t make the event in Birmingham there are also a number of regional events taking place across the summer, giving you the opportunity to come and see the range of options available to you:
- The Big Event, NEC, Birmingham: Friday 28 and Saturday 29 June 2019, 9am-4pm
- One Big Day at Westpoint, Exeter, Saturday 27 July 2019
- One Big Day at Yorkshire Event Centre, Harrogate, Saturday 10 August 2019
- One Big Day at East of England Arena, Peterborough, Saturday 7 September 2019
- One Big Day at Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh, Saturday 21 September 2019