If you’re currently leasing a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) and are in the last year of your lease, it’s more than likely that you’re already starting to think about your next vehicle.
We know that leasing a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) is generally more expensive than leasing a car, mainly due to the additional costs associated with converting the vehicle to allow the wheelchair user easy access. To help, every WAV customer who reaches the end of their agreement will receive a Support Payment towards the costs of leasing your next vehicle. The payment is automatic and is in addition to the Good Condition Bonus which you may be eligible for if you return your WAV in a good condition at the end of your lease.
How much is the payment?
The amount of the payment is based on the length of your agreement as follows:
- £500 for a five year agreement
- £300 for a three year, Nearly New WAV agreement
- £100 for every completed year of a lease extension.
When is the Support Payment paid?
The Support Payment will be sent to you as a cheque around three months before the original end date of your agreement. If you choose to extend your lease, you will still receive the main Support Payment at this time and you will be sent a further cheque for £100 for each full year extension you complete. For example if your lease is due to end on 30 September 2018:
- In early July 2018, you will receive the main Support Payment of either £500 or £300 (depending on the original agreement length)
- If you chose to extend your lease you would receive an additional £100 Support Payment cheque in early October 2019, upon completing a full year of a lease extension.
- If you extended beyond this time, for every full year your lease was extended you would receive a further £100 every October while the lease was live.
Do I need to do anything?
You don’t need to contact us to request the payment, it will automatically be sent. If you’ve moved house, please ensure that we have your current address – you can do this online at motability.co.uk/updatedetails. If you’re due a Good Condition Bonus a further cheque will be sent to you around a month after you have handed your Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle back.