You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which come into effect on 25 May 2018. GDPR is a new European Union (EU) data protection law which gives individuals in the EU more control over how their data is used and places certain obligations on businesses that handle customer information.
At the heart of GDPR are the requirements to ensure that:
- Any processing of customer data is lawful, fair and transparent
- We only use the data for the purpose for which we acquired it
- We only collect the minimum amount of data that is necessary
- We have a process in place to ensure it is accurate
- We won’t retain it for longer than is necessary
- We keep any data we hold secure
We’re committed to protecting and safeguarding your personal data and understand that when you share your data with us, you trust us to look after it.
To improve our transparency and openness we’ve made some updates to our Privacy Notice which explains how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
We have a separate Privacy Notice for Motability Scheme customers. This includes some additional information on the personal data you need to share with us to enable us to fulfil our obligations under the terms and conditions of your contract hire agreement.