Our range of over 1,600 vehicles available through the Motability Scheme has now been updated for April-June 2021. Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of vehicles that are both affordable and suitable for your needs. And with such a wide variety available, we’re sure you’ll be able to find one that’s right for you.
Events such as the COVID-19 pandemic, Brexit and new emissions legislation are putting pressure on car manufacturers and, subsequently, the Scheme. During these ever-changing times we have worked hard to ensure that everyone can find a car suitable for them at an affordable price, and to provide support to customers. Below you will find a snapshot of the latest prices available on the Scheme, but you can browse the full selection using our Car Search tool.
If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, request a free Scheme information pack which gives a snapshot of the latest cars and highlights the value for money options available on the Scheme.
How much does leasing through the Scheme cost?
When you lease a car through the Scheme, there are three pricing options available. Take a look at a small selection of what’s available below:
1. Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
There around 50 cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. The amount you pay is fixed during your lease and the remainder is paid directly to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or Veterans UK.
- SsangYong Tivoli 1.2P EX 5dr Hatchback where you keep £1.05 per week*
- Skoda Kamiq 1.0 TSI 110 SE L 5dr Hatchback where you keep 60p per week*
2. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance with no Advance Payment:
There are around 160 cars that cost the same as your allowance, which means you swap the whole of your weekly mobility allowance for the car of your choice. There is no Advance Payment on these models. These cars will display the words ‘Total Mobility Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool.
- Kia Stonic 1.0T GDi 99 2 5dr DCT Estate with forward collision avoidance assist and rear parking sensors
- Hyundai I20 1.0T GDi 48V MHD SE Connect 5dr DCT Hatchback with rear parking sensors and autonomous emergency braking
- Nissan Leaf 110kW Acenta 40kWh 5dr Auto [6.6kw Charger] Hatchback with NissanConnect with Android Auto & Apple Car Play and intelligent around view monitor
- Volkswagen UP 60kW E-Up 36kWh 5dr Auto Hatchback with lane assist and heated front windscreen
- Ford Ecosport hatch (2018) 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium 5dr with rear view camera and traffic sign recognition
- Seat Leon 1.5 TSI EVO FR 5dr Hatchback with lane keep assist and front assist with warning
3. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice further by paying a one-off, non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. The Advance Payment covers the cost between your qualifying mobility allowance and the total cost of your lease.
- From £249 Advance Payment Mini 135kW Cooper S 1 33kWh 3dr AT Hatchback with heated rear window and Nav pack
- From £299 Advance Payment Mazda MX-30 107kW SE-L Lux 35.5kWh 5dr Auto Hatchback with freestyle doors and reversing camera
- From £385 Advance Payment Citroen C5 Aircross1.2 PureTech 130 Shine 5dr Hatchback with automatic lights & wipers and Citroen Connect Nav
- From £999 Advance Payment Peugeot 5008 1.2 PureTech Active Premium 5dr Estate S&S with with rear parking sensors and autonomous emergency braking
- From £1899 Advance Payment Honda CR-V Estate (2018) 2.0 i-MMD Hybrid SE 2WD 5dr eCVT with Honda CONNECT™ infotainment system and lane keeping assist system
Search the full range
If you’d like to join over 630,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Scheme, start exploring the full range of cars available using our Car Search tool to narrow down your options.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
About the Scheme
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows anyone in receipt of a qualifying mobility allowance to use their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Scheme provides flexible and hassle-free access to a brand new, reliable vehicle of your choice. As well as a great choice of cars, we also provide a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
To join the Scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following mobility allowances:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA),
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS),
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
How to join
If you’re ready to take the next step, find out how to join now.
If you’d like to join over 630,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Motability Scheme, request an information pack to find out more.
Prices and features of car models shown are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to adjustments or withdrawal in the event of any changes taking place which affect the cost of provision of the lease agreement. In the coming months the wider car market may experience longer delivery times or availability issues with some makes and models and customers are advised to discuss this with their dealer at the point of application. Prices shown are valid for recipients of the HRMC of the DLA and ERMC of PIP making an application between 01/04/2021 and 30/06/2021, but may be subject to change. Customers are advised to check any specifically required vehicle features with their dealer at the point of application. All vehicles shown are for illustrative purposes only. *This is the amount of your higher rate mobility allowance which will continue to be paid to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This amount is based on the weekly allowance rate of £62.55 (as of 12 April 2021) and will increase if the DWP makes its annual allowance increase. Prices for cars shown in blue and green mean that all of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance, including any increases, is paid to Motability Operations Limited. All MGP values quoted are based on the outgoing NEDC cycle – see manufacturer website for most up-to-date data. MPG figures may not reflect real life driving results and are for comparison purposes only. Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.