Our range of around 2,000 vehicles available through the Motability Scheme has now been updated for July- October 2020. Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of vehicles that are both affordable and suitable for your needs. And with such a wide variety available, we’re sure you’ll be able to find one that’s right for you.
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. A typical lease lasts for three years, and we take care of running costs like insurance and breakdown cover as part of our all-inclusive package. All you need to do is add fuel and go: it’s simple, affordable, reliable.
If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, request a free Scheme information pack which gives a snapshot of the latest cars and highlights the value for money options available on the Scheme.
How much does leasing through the Scheme cost?
When you lease a car through the Scheme, there are three pricing options available. Take a look at a small selection of what’s available below:
1. Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
There are over 100 cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. The amount you pay is fixed during your lease and the remainder is paid directly to you by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- SEAT Ibiza 1.0 MPI 80bhp FR 5dr where you keep £3.20 per week*
- Toyota Yaris 1.5 VVT-i 111bhp Y20 5dr where you keep £1.20 per week*
2. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance:
There are almost 300 cars that cost the same as your allowance, which means you swap the whole of your weekly mobility allowance for the car of your choice. There is no Advance Payment on these models. These cars will display the words ‘Total Mobility Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool.
- Smart forfour EQ 82bhp Prime Exclusive 5dr with reversing camera and 22KW onboard charger with rapid charging
- Nissan Qashqai 1.3 DIG-T 160bhp Acenta Premium 5dr 5st with Apple Carplay and touch screen navigation
- Peugeot 308 SW 1.2 PureTech 131bhp Allure Estate 5dr with panoramic roof and front and rear parking aids
- Vauxhall Combo Life 1.5 130bhp Energy 5dr with front and rear parking sensors and lane keep assist
- Skoda Kamiq 1.0 TSI 115bhp SE L 5dr with virtual cockpit and blind spot detection
- Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 PureTech 131bhp Flair 5dr with reversing camera and satellite navigation
3. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice further by paying a one-off, non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. The Advance Payment covers the cost between your higher rate mobility allowance and the total cost of your lease.
- From £449 Advance Payment Renault Zoe E 109bhp i Iconic 5dr with automatic lights and wipers and Apple car play and Android auto
- From £199 Advance Payment Volkswagen Golf 1.5 TSI 130bhp Life 5dr with Car2x and adaptive cruise control
- From £1295 Advance Payment Ford Kuga 1.5 120bhp Zetec 5dr 5st with Ford Sync3 with sat nav and quickclear heated windscreen
- From £95 Advance Payment Jeep Renegade 1.0 GSE 120bhp Night Eagle II 5dr with 8/4″ touchscreen navigation and 6 speakers
- From £799 Advance Payment Mercedes-Benz A-Class 1.3 163bhp A200 Sport 5dr with 180 Degree reversing camera with parking guidelines and 7″ touchscreen media display
Search the full range
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Scheme, start exploring the full range of cars available using our Car Search tool to narrow down your options.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
About the Scheme
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows anyone in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances to use their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Scheme provides flexible and hassle-free access to a brand new, reliable vehicle of your choice. As well as a great choice of cars, we also provide a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
To join the Scheme, you must be in receipt of a higher rate mobility allowance (such as the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance). Use our eligibility checker tool to see if you’re eligible.
How to join
If you’re ready to take the next step, find out how to join now.
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Motability Scheme, request an information pack to find out more.
Prices and features of car models shown are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to adjustments or withdrawal in the event of any changes taking place which affect the cost of provision of the lease agreement. In the coming months the wider car market may experience longer delivery times or availability issues with some makes and models and customers are advised to discuss this with their dealer at the point of application. Prices shown are valid for recipients of the HRMC of the DLA and ERMC of PIP making an application between 01/07/2020 and 30/09/2020, but may be subject to change. Customers are advised to check any specifically required vehicle features with their dealer at the point of application. All vehicles shown are for illustrative purposes only. *This is the amount of your higher rate mobility allowance which will continue to be paid to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This amount is based on the weekly allowance rate of £61.20 (as of 8 April 2019) and will increase if the DWP makes its annual allowance increase (usually in April). Prices for cars shown in blue and green mean that all of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance, including any increases, is paid to Motability Operations Limited. All MGP values quoted are based on the outgoing NEDC cycle – see manufacturer website for most up-to-date data. MPG figures may not reflect real life driving results and are for comparison purposes only. Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.