Our range of vehicles available through the Motability Scheme has now been updated for January-March 2022. Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of vehicles that are both affordable and suitable for your needs.
The global car market experienced significant challenges in 2021 and these are set to continue throughout 2022. The ongoing manufacturing delays are continuing to affect delivery times for new cars, these delays are also affecting delivery times for cars ordered through the Motability Scheme. Increasing costs for component parts (such as semiconductor chips) and logistics are also adding pressure to the cost of new cars. But please be reassured that our price guarantee means that the Advance Payment of the car on the date your order is accepted won’t change, even if it changes while you are waiting for the delivery of your car.
Below you will find a snapshot of the latest prices available on the Scheme. The list of cars is changing more frequently than you would usually expect due to the supply issues, but our Car Search tool has the most up-to-date information on what’s currently available on the Scheme.
If you are looking to order a car, please speak to your dealer as soon as possible so they can help you choose the car that’s right for you and advise you on the current situation with delivery times. Although please be aware that due to the ongoing challenges these timescales may change, but your dealer will do everything they can to keep you up to date with the latest information that is available to them.
If you are an existing customer, don’t forget we will keep you in your current car until your new car arrives. And if you are unable to order a suitable new car before the end of your current lease, we will automatically extend your lease for six months to give you more time to do this. You can place your next order at any point during your lease extension, so if you find a suitable car for your needs, we recommend placing an order as soon as you can as the motoring industry challenges are expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, request a free Scheme information pack which gives more information on how the Scheme works and the value for money options available.
How much does leasing through the Scheme cost?
When you lease a car through the Scheme, there are three pricing options available. Take a look at a small selection of what’s available below:
1. Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
We have a range of cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. The amount you pay is fixed during your lease and the remainder is paid directly to your benefits payment agency.
- Hyundai I10 1.0 MPi SE 5dr Hatchback where you keep £3.55 per week*
- SsangYong Tivoli 1.2P EX 5dr Hatchback where you keep £2.55 per week*
- Kia Picanto 1.0 2 5dr Hatchback [4 seats] where you keep £2.30 per week*
2. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance with no Advance Payment:
You will also find a range of cars that cost the same as your allowance, which means you swap the whole of your weekly mobility allowance for the car of your choice. There is no Advance Payment on these models. These cars will display the words ‘Total Mobility Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool.
- Fiat 500 Electric 70kW Action 24kWh 3dr Auto Hatchback
- Mazda MX-30 107kW SE-L Lux 35.5kWh 5dr Auto Hatchback
- Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 Turbo Elite Edition 5dr Auto Hatchback
- Toyota Yaris 1.5 Hybrid Icon 5dr CVT Hatchback
- Smart Fortwo Electric 60kW EQ Premium 2dr Auto Coupe
- Renault Captur 1.0 TCE 90 Iconic Edition 5dr Hatchback
- Nissan Micra 1.0 IG-T 92 Acenta 5dr CVT [Vision Pack] Hatchback
- Hyundai IONIQ 1.6 GDi Hybrid SE Connect 5dr DCT Hatchback
3. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice further by paying a one-off, non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. The Advance Payment covers the cost between your qualifying mobility allowance and the total cost of your lease.
- From £99 Advance Payment: Kia Stonic 1.0t GDi 48v Gt-Line 5dr Estate
- From £249 Advance Payment: Mini Electric 135kw Cooper S Level 1 33kwh 3dr Auto Hatchback
- From £495 Advance Payment: Ford Puma 1.0 EcoBoost Hybrid MHEV St-Line X 5dr Hatchback
- From £695 Advance Payment: Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Icon 5dr CVT Hatchback
Search the full range
If you’d like to join over 630,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Scheme, start exploring the full range of cars available using our Car Search tool to narrow down your options.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
About the Scheme
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows anyone in receipt of a qualifying mobility allowance to use their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Scheme provides flexible and hassle-free access to a brand new, reliable vehicle of your choice. As well as a great choice of cars, we also provide a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
To join the Scheme, you must be in receipt of one of the following mobility allowances:
- Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA),
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland),
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS),
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
How to join
If you’re ready to take the next step, find out how to join now.
If you’d like to join over 630,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Motability Scheme, request an information pack to find out more.
Prices and features of car models shown are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to adjustments or withdrawal in the event of any changes taking place which affect the cost of provision of the lease agreement. The wider car market is experiencing longer delivery times and availability issues with some makes and models and customers are advised to discuss this with their dealer at the point of application. Prices shown are valid for recipients of the HRMC of the DLA and ERMC of PIP making an application between 01/01/2022 and 31/03/2022, but may be subject to change. Customers are advised to check any specifically required vehicle features with their dealer at the point of application. All vehicles shown are for illustrative purposes only. *This is the amount of your higher rate mobility allowance which will continue to be paid to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This amount is based on the weekly allowance rate of £62.55 (as of 12 April 2021) and will increase if the DWP makes its annual allowance increase. Prices for cars shown in blue and green mean that all of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance, including any increases, is paid to Motability Operations Limited. All MGP values quoted are based on the outgoing NEDC cycle – see manufacturer website for most up-to-date data. MPG figures may not reflect real life driving results and are for comparison purposes only. Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.