Did you know we now have the option of an online account for our customers? Scheme customer Sarah Alexander-Georgeson explains how she set her account up and the benefits she’s enjoying while being able to manage her lease online.
A few months ago, I received an email asking if I would like to demo the new Motability Scheme online account. Of course, I jumped (not literally) at the opportunity as the majority of my life is based online and I thought I could offer a good insight as to what Motability Scheme customers would want, as I am one.
Now the account is online for everyone with a car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) to sign up, with the hopes of opening it up to all customers very soon. It’s super quick and easy to make your Motability Scheme online account, you just need to enter your National Insurance number and date of birth. Then enter your email address and create a password so you can sign-in as and when you like.
The features of the account are:
- Check the progress and details of a new Scheme application
- View your PIN which is required to collect your new vehicle
- View your current car information: the exact make and model of your vehicle, along with the registration number, and when your lease began and when it is due to end
- View and change personal details, which includes your address, phone number and email address
- View your Motability Scheme Customer Reference Number (CRN)
- View lease details and Scheme documents
- View contact details of managing dealership, which usually includes their name, phone number, address and email address
- Change your password
More features are continuously being added to the account so keep a lookout for them!
“One of the main benefits of the Motability Scheme online account for me, is that my sleeping routine is all over the place, I can’t always call or Live Chat the Motability Scheme’s customer services during their opening hours, as I might be asleep. Having the online account means I can update details or check information about my current vehicle at any time of day or night.”
I also really like that I can edit my personal details via the online account. I recently changed my phone number and it took a matter of seconds, no phone call to customer services was required.
Once you’re logged in, it’s really easy to navigate, the tabs are clearly visible and not confusing, and the pages aren’t crammed with too much information. I personally find it very accessible.
Read more from Sarah at www.fromsarahlex.com