As part of your worry-free package on the Motability Scheme, we include breakdown cover with the RAC.
They’ve recently launched a new smartphone app, called myRAC, which makes it quicker and easier to report a breakdown and could help you save money on fuel.
Better still, if you download and register for myRAC by 31 December 2023, you could win one of five £100 Amazon vouchers.
How to download myRAC
To get started, download the app for your Apple or Android smartphone.
Then choose ‘Create an account’.
From here you’ll just need to enter your name, postcode and vehicle registration number so RAC can find your details. Then, set up your account with your chosen email address and password.
If you download and register for the app by 31 December 2023, you’ll automatically be entered in to the prize draw for a chance to win one of five £100 Amazon vouchers.
The winners will be contacted 10 January 2024 onwards.
You can see the full terms and conditions of the prize draw at the end of this article.
Easily report a breakdown
The myRAC app is the quickest and easiest way to report a breakdown to the RAC.
Even if you’re not sure where you are, report your breakdown using the app and the RAC will know exactly where to find you.
They’ll start organising a patrol straight away and you’ll get a confirmation text and regular updates on your patrol’s arrival time.
Fill up for less
The myRAC app also includes a handy tool to help you find the cheapest fuel.
Each day the app collects fuel prices from almost every petrol station in the UK, and updates these on the app at around 8.00am the next day.
You can search up to five times a day to find the best prices and can choose any location in the UK, so you get the best prices even if you’re away from home.
Other benefits of the myRAC app
There are more helpful features to enjoy in the myRAC app, including:
Route planner – the in-app route planner uses real-time updates to help you avoid traffic, roadworks and tolls to get you to your destination as quickly as possible.
Service and MOT reminders – set email reminders for your service and MOT, so you can arrange these in plenty of time with your dealer.
News & advice – Keep up to date with the latest driving news and get helpful hints and tips.
Prize draw terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the ‘myRAC Registration draw’ (“the Promotion”) and entry to the Promotion is acceptance of these terms and conditions. Therefore, please read these carefully.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion. myRAC app is free to download and register.
4. The Promotion is only available to residents of [United Kingdom, Jersey, Guernsey or the Isle of Man] over the age of .
5. The promoter of this Promotion is RAC, RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall, WS5 4AW. (“the Promoter”).
6. The Promotion is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of the Promoter, its agencies, its group companies or anyone else connected with the Promotion.
7. Only one entry per policy will be accepted. A policy is a live ‘scheme vehicle’ with RAC Motability Assist Cover.
8. To enter the Promotion, please download and register myRAC app on your mobile phone, between 2nd November 2023 date and 31st December 2023 date.
9. The closing date and time of the Promotion is 11:59pm on 31/12/23 date. (“the Closing Date”). Entries received after the closing date will not be processed.
10. The winners will be selected from a randomisation of all the entrants. (“the Winner”) on 10th January 2024.
11. There shall only be 5 Winners.
12. The Winners will receive £100 amazon vouchers – there is no cash alternative (“the Prize”) within 30 days of notification. The Prize is subject to availability. The Promoter retains the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original Prize offered is not available.
13. The Winner will be notified by email by the Promoter within 30 days of the Closing Date for the Promotion. If the Winner does not respond to such email from the Promoter within 21 days of the time of notification, then the Winner’s Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the email sent to them by the Promoter within 21 days of that email being sent to them or else they will also forfeit their prize).
14. The Promoter may ask the Winner to provide proof of age and/or country of residence.
15. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
16. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and that are not specifically included in the Prize.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
18. Subject to the above, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
20. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
21. The decision of the Promoter is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence relating to its decision.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to modify the Promotion at any time without prior notice.
23. The name of the Winner for the Promotion will be available upon request for 4 weeks after the Winner has been notified by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to; Title of Prize Draw, Name and Address. The Winners agree to have their name and county disclosed for this purpose.