Learn about our Test Drive Days this summer, which give you the opportunity to try some of the popular driving adaptations on the Motability Scheme. Keep reading to see where these events are being held and how you can book onto one!
We’re excited to let you know we’ve just launched three Adapted Test Drive Days, which are designed to give people the chance to book test drives in cars fitted with popular driving adaptations.
What are Adapted Test Drives?
These are a fleet of cars available to test drive, which have been fitted with a variety of different driving adaptations available on the Motability Scheme, such as left foot accelerator pedals, push/pull accelerators, remote control devices and steering aids.
Who should book an Adapted Test Drive?
If you’re new to the Scheme or are an existing Scheme customer interested in finding out more about the different driving adaptations available, then we would recommend booking a test drive.
There are a limited number of test drive slots available to book at the locations listed below, so we recommend booking early to secure your place:
- Brands Hatch Circuit on Wednesday 2 August 2023
- Chepstow Racecourse on Thursday 17 August 2023
- Newcastle Falcon Rugby Club on Wednesday 23 August 2023
To find out more and to book a test drive, take a look at our adapted test drive page, please feel free to share with others who may be interested in booking an adapted test drive.
All test drives must be booked in advance – there is no option to book on the day. Please only attend if you have a test drive booked, as there are no other activities taking place.
Some of the adaptations available to try include:
- Left foot accelerators
- Push/pull accelerators
- Remote control devices
- Steering aids
For a full list of the different cars and driving adaptations available to book, visit our adapted test drive page.
What you need to know
- Test drive slots run from 9:30am to 5pm on each Test Drive Day
- It is free to book an adapted test drive, and you can book a maximum of three test drive slots
- All adapted test drives must be booked before the day. Please only attend if you have a test drive booked as there are no other activities taking place
- There will be a Motability Scheme adaptations expert, as well as representatives from Driving Mobility on hand to offer advice and help you find the right driving solution for you
- All adapted test drive cars are fitted with dual controls for your safety, and all test drives are taken with a professional driver
- Test drives will take place on public roads. If you’re booking onto the Brands Hatch Circuit Adapted Test Drive Day, please be aware that the drives will not be taking place on the racetrack
- To take a test drive you must hold a full UK driving licence, which you should bring with you on the day, and you must meet our Test Drive terms and conditions
- Light refreshments will be available to purchase on the day
Full driving licence requirements can be found on our Adapted Test Drive page. You can also head to the website for more information about the events and to book your slots.
Not sure what to expect?
We’ve created a short video on what our Test Drive Days are like, to help you know what to expect on the day. Take a look below: