The Motability Scheme online account lets you flexibly manage your lease and easily keep your information up to date. To help you stay organised during your lease, we’ve recently added a new feature which will notify you when your next MOT is due.
How it works
If your MOT is due in the next 90 days, you’ll see a notification on the homepage of your online account when you sign in.
This will show the date your MOT must be completed by and give you a link to your dealer’s contact details so you can contact them to make a booking. If your dealer is unable to complete your MOT for any reason, you can also contact Kwik Fit and make an appointment at one of their centres.
You’ll see the notification in your online account until your MOT test has been completed and the record has been updated on the government database.
Did you know?
Once your vehicle is three years old, or four years old in Northern Ireland, it will need an MOT test every 12 months. This means if your lease is extended for two years, you might need to get another two MOT tests before you hand your vehicle back.
Your dealer should contact you when your MOT is due, but you can also check here. Remember, the cost of your MOT is included as part of your worry-free package.
When do I need an MOT?
In most parts of the UK, vehicles over three years old need to be tested each year.
If you have a three-year lease, your vehicle will need an MOT test before you can hand it back or extend your lease.
If your lease is for longer than three years, you will need an MOT test when your vehicle is three years old and then every 12 months after this.
Vehicles in Northern Ireland do not require an MOT test until they are four years old, and vehicles registered in the Isle of Man do not need an MOT test at all.
What if my MOT expires?
If you do not complete your MOT before it expires, you will legally only be able to drive your vehicle to a pre-booked MOT appointment to have the test completed.
The MOT is both a legal requirement and forms part of your Motability Scheme lease agreement, so it is important that this is carried out in plenty of time before it expires.
Other benefits of an online account
We’re continuously bringing new features to the online account. Currently, you can do the following:
- Check the progress of your application if you’ve placed one recently
- Get your PIN which you’ll need when collecting your new car
- Add your bank details to receive payments, such as the New Vehicle Payment and Good Condition Payment, by bank transfer rather than cheque
- Easily check and update your personal details
- Add or change named drivers during your lease, saving you a call to our insurance provider
- Find contact details for your managing dealership
- Extend the lease on your current car, if you’re eligible
- Start your new application from the comfort of your home. Doing this before you visit a dealer will give them more time to focus on finding the right car for you