If you have a car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) on the Motability Scheme, you can add up to three named drivers on your lease.
In this article, Scheme customer Sarah Alexander-Georgeson shares her experience of adding her dad as a named driver for her WAV – which she managed directly through her online account.
The Motability Scheme online account is constantly adding new features to make it easier and more user-friendly for us, the customers.
Some of us don’t just reach for our phones to make a phone call, but also to log into an online account and edit, update or check our personal details. The Motability Scheme recognised this, and although they still have their customer contact centre available, they’ve also given customers the option to make changes or checks at any time by using the online account.
One new feature of the online account is that you can now view, add, or change the named drivers on your Scheme vehicle’s insurance policy. You can add a temporary driver, who will be able to drive your vehicle for thirty days, or a permanent driver.
When adding someone as a driver, they will have to provide the details of any insurance claims they’ve made in the last five years and any driving licence restrictions. If they are a permanent driver, they will also be required to add their driving licence number.
A step-by-step guide to adding a named driver
I went ahead and added my dad as a permanent driver on my Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) lease to see how easy it would be to do, and because having a second driver on my insurance would take the pressure off me when I’m not feeling up to driving.
The driver you are adding to your policy must be with you when you are adding them as they must fill their details in themselves. I helped my dad do this as he is not the most tech-savvy.
The process was exceptionally quick and simple:
- Log into your online account (or if you haven’t got one, sign up)
- Click ‘Current Lease’ on the left-hand panel
- Scroll down to ‘Insurance Cover’
- Click ‘Go to your RSAM account’ (this opens a new window)
- Click ‘View or edit your policy’
- Scroll down to ‘Permanent driver’ or ‘Temporary driver’ (depending on what you want to add) – I went with permanent
- Click ‘Add permanent driver’
- A page will open, stating all of the details you will need before going ahead. You’ll need: their personal details; their licence details (including licence number and date they passed their test); their insurance claims history for the past 5 years; details of any motoring convictions, penalty points, bans or disqualifications in the last 5 years; and any restrictions on their licence
- The next page will ask you to confirm your address
- Then it asks if the driver is with you and asks you to pass the device to them
It then goes through various questions about past claims and convictions. Because my dad has a clean driving licence and passed all the required checks, he was added to my insurance policy and able to drive my vehicle straight away.
We will also be sent a physical letter confirming that he is eligible to drive my WAV, and this is already available to view on my online account.
Why this feature is helpful
As someone that finds talking on the phone quite difficult, I think this new feature is great. Before having the online account I would have had to call someone at RSA Motability to get these details changed. My dad is disabled and hard of hearing, so he would have had difficulties on the phone too.
I highly recommend checking out the online account if you haven’t already. You can view and update a variety of things and there’s only more to come. There are so many benefits to it, and you can use it in your own time and even on the go. I’m a fan!