The Motability Scheme online account has many useful features that make it easier to manage your lease more flexibly. Keep reading to learn how you can use the online account to receive any refunds or payments from us by bank transfer.
One great feature of the online account is that it gives you the option to save your bank details in your account, so that you receive any refunds and payments from us by bank transfer. This means that payments such as the Good Condition Payment (or End of Contract Payment for scooter and powered wheelchair customers) will arrive straight in your bank account in just a few days.
This can be much more convenient than cheque payments, which could take a few weeks to arrive and need to be ‘cashed’ into your bank before you can access the funds.
Take a look at our short video to learn more:
How to set up payments by bank transfer
Then visit ‘My payment details’ within the ‘Personal details’ section of your account, and follow the on-screen instructions to update your bank details.
Your bank details will be securely held within your account once they have been entered, so you will not need to update these details every time you are due to receive a payment from us.
If your details change, or you would prefer to go back to receiving payments by cheque, you can simply amend or delete your bank details within your account.
Other great benefits of an online account
- Easily check and update personal information such as your address and contact details, saving you time and providing peace of mind that everything is up to date.
- Find your managing dealer’s contact details – useful if you need to get in touch with them to arrange any servicing, maintenance or repairs.
- View key lease dates and important Scheme documents to help you stay organised throughout your lease.
Additional benefits for car and Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) customers
- If you are a customer without an appointee, you can start your new application from home by updating your personal details and allowance information before you visit a dealership – this allows the dealer to dedicate more time to helping you choose your next car.
- If you’ve recently placed an order for a car or WAV, check the progress of your application and access the PIN, ready for delivery day.
- View, add or change named drivers during your lease and easily see the details of your insurance cover, saving you a call to our insurance provider.
Creating an account
To set up your account we will need a few personal details – such as your National Insurance number and date of birth – so that we can verify who you are. If you are an appointee, we will need your details and the National Insurance number of the allowance recipient.
Once you have created an account, you can log in at any time using your email address and chosen password.