The Motability Scheme online account offers car and WAV customers the flexibility to manage their lease and have greater control in keeping their information up to date.
One of the newest features in the account gives you the option to save your bank details in your account and receive any refunds and payments by bank transfer.
This means that payments such as the Good Condition Bonus will arrive straight in your bank account in just a few days, as opposed to cheque payments which could take a few weeks to arrive and need to be ‘cashed’ into your bank before you can access the funds.
How to set up payments by bank transfer
If you’d like to receive payments by bank transfer, simply log in to your account and visit ‘My payment details’ within the ‘Personal details’ section of your account, then follow the on-screen instructions to update your bank details.
Your bank details will be securely held within your account once they have been entered, so you will not need to update these details every time you are due to receive a payment from us.
If your details change, or you would prefer to go back to receiving payments by cheque, you can simply amend or delete your bank details within your account.
Other great benefits of an online account
- If you’ve recently placed an order, you can check the progress of your application and access the PIN, ready for delivery day.
- If you are an existing customer, you can start your next application from home by updating your personal details and allowance information before you visit a dealership – allowing the dealer to dedicate more time to helping you choose your next car (currently available for customers without an appointee)
- Easily check and update personal information such as your address and contact details, saving you time and providing peace of mind that everything is up to date
- Find your managing dealer’s contact details – useful if you need to get in touch with them to arrange any servicing, maintenance or repairs
- View key lease dates and important Scheme documents to help you stay organised throughout your lease
Creating an account
To set up your account we need a few personal details – such as your National Insurance number and date of birth – so that we can verify who you are. If you are an appointee, we will your details and the National Insurance number of the allowance recipient.
Once you have created an account, you can log in at any time using your email address and chosen password. The Motability Scheme online account is currently available to customers leasing a car or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle, but we’re working hard to make this available to all customers very soon.