If you are a user of a scooter or powered wheelchair, here are some preparation tips to help you stay safe during the winter months.
- Make sure your battery range is fully charged before you start your trip as it will have a shorter distance range when it’s cold
- Wear something reflective. Dark nights and bad weather can make it difficult for motorists and pedestrians to see you
- Keep an eye out for icy patches, large puddles and pot holes
- Use dropped kerbs wherever possible
- Check your tyres aren’t worn, damaged or punctured. If you notice any problems and you’re at home, give your dealer a call and they’ll arrange to come out and fix it for you.
Read More Articles Like This: