Our range of over 2,000 vehicles available through the Motability Scheme has now been updated for July – September 2018. Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of vehicles that are both affordable and suitable for your needs. And with such a wide variety available, we’re sure you’ll be able to find one that’s right for you.
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. A typical lease lasts for three years, and we take care of running costs like insurance and breakdown cover as part of our all-inclusive package. All you need to do is add fuel and go: it’s simple, affordable, reliable.
If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, request a free Scheme information pack which gives a snapshot of the latest cars and highlights the value for money options available on the Scheme.
How much does leasing through the Scheme cost?
When you lease a car through the Scheme, there are three pricing options available. Take a look at a small selection of what’s available below:
1. Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
There are over 100 cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. The amount you pay is fixed during your lease and the remainder is paid directly to you by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Toyota Yaris 1.5 VVT-i 100bhp Icon Hybrid 5dr where you keep £3.75 per week*
- Renault Captur 0.9 TCe 90bhp Play 5dr where you keep £4.00 per week*
2. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance:
There are over 200 cars that cost the same as your allowance, which means you swap the whole of your weekly mobility allowance for the car of your choice. There is no Advance Payment on these models. These cars will display the words ‘Total Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool.
- Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi 110bhp N-Connecta 5dr 5st with alloy wheels and panoramic glass roof
- Volkswagen Golf 1.0 TSI 110bhp SE 5dr with front and rear parking sensors Car-Net App-Connect
- SEAT Arona 1.6TDI 115bhp SE Technology Lux 5dr with adaptive cruise control and beats audio
- Vauxhall Grandland X 1.2 130bhp SE 5dr with automatic lightning control and lane departure warning
- Skoda Karoq 1.6TDI 115bhp SE 5dr with voice control system and hill hold control
3. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice further by paying a one-off, non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. The Advance Payment covers the cost between your higher rate mobility allowance and the total cost of your lease.
- From £99 Advance Payment, Volvo V40 1.5 T3 152bhp Inscription 5dr with rear parking camera and intelligent technology interface
- From £295 Advance Payment, Ford Kuga 1.5T 120bhp Zetec 5dr 5st with 4.2″ colour display with DAB and Ford SYNC and 17″ 10 spoke alloy wheels
- From £399 Advance Payment, Kia Niro 1.6 GDi 139bhp 2 5dr with satellite navigation and reversing camera
- From £799 Advance Payment, Peugeot 3008 SUV 1.5 BlueHDi 131bhp Active 5dr with lane departure warning and system visibility pack
Search the full range
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Scheme, start exploring the full range of cars available using our Car Search tool to narrow down your options.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
About the Scheme
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows anyone in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances to use their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Scheme provides flexible and hassle-free access to a brand new, reliable vehicle of your choice. As well as a great choice of cars, we also provide a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
To join the Scheme, you must be in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances (such as the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance). Use our eligibility checker tool to see if you’re eligible.
How to join
If you’re ready to take the next step, find out how to join now.
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Motability Scheme, request an information pack to find out more.
The terms, conditions, prices, MPG, model features, adaptations and vehicle availability set out in this car price guide are correct as at the time of going to print and may be subject to adjustments or withdrawal in the event of any changes taking place which affect the cost of provision of the lease agreement or vehicle availability. Prices shown are valid for recipients of the HRMC of the DLA and ERMC of PIP making an application between 01/07/2018 and 30/09/2018, but may be subject to change. Customers are advised to check any specifically required vehicle features with their dealer at the point of application. All vehicles shown are for illustrative purposes only. *This is the amount of your higher rate mobility allowance which will continue to be paid to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This amount is based on the current weekly allowance rate of £59.75 and will increase if the DWP makes its annual allowance increases (usually in April). Prices for cars shown in blue and red mean that all of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance, including any increases, is paid to Motability Operations Limited. MPG values are based on standard EU tests for comparative purposes only and may not reflect real driving results. Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.