Our range of over 2,000 vehicles available through the Motability Scheme has now been updated for April – June 2019. Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of vehicles that are both affordable and suitable for your needs. And with such a wide variety available, we’re sure you’ll be able to find one that’s right for you.
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. A typical lease lasts for three years, and we take care of running costs like insurance and breakdown cover as part of our all-inclusive package. All you need to do is add fuel and go: it’s simple, affordable, reliable.
If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, request a free Scheme information pack which gives a snapshot of the latest cars and highlights the value for money options available on the Scheme.
How much does leasing through the Scheme cost?
When you lease a car through the Scheme, there are three pricing options available. Take a look at a small selection of what’s available below:
1. Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
There are over 200 cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. The amount you pay is fixed during your lease and the remainder is paid directly to you by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Seat Arona 1.6TDI 115bhp FR 5dr where you keep £4.25 per week*
- Kia Stonic 1.4 98bhp 2 5dr where you keep £2.70 per week*
2. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance:
There are over 150 cars that cost the same as your allowance, which means you swap the whole of your weekly mobility allowance for the car of your choice. There is no Advance Payment on these models. These cars will display the words ‘Total Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool
- Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet 140bhp SZ-T 5dr with rear parking camera and satellite navigation
- Nissan Qashqai 1.5dCi 115bhp Acenta Premium 5dr with 7″ touch screen and front parking sensors
- Hyundai IONIQ 1.6 GDi 141bhp Premium Hybrid 5dr with 8″ touch screen, satellite navigation and lane keep assistance system
- Kia cee’d 1.4 T-GDi 138bhp 3 5dr with 8″ touch screen, satellite navigation and reversing camera
- Peugeot 308 1.2 PureTech 131bhp Allure 5dr with satellite navigation and front and rear parking sensors
- MG ZS 1.0T GDI 111bhp Excite 5dr with cruise control and automatic headlamps
- Fiat 500L 1.4 95bhp Cross 5dr with android auto/apple carplay and cruise control
- Skoda Octavia 1.0 TSI 115bhp SE Drive Estate 5dr with android auto/apple carplay and rear parking sensors
- Toyota Prius+ 1.8 136bhp Icon 5dr with blind spot monitor and rear view camera
- MINI Countryman 1.5 136bhp Cooper Classic 5dr with rear parking sensors and satellite navigation
- Vauxhall Crossland X 1.2 110bhp Elite 5dr with rear parking sensors and lane departure warning system
3. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice further by paying a one-off, non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. The Advance Payment covers the cost between your higher rate mobility allowance and the total cost of your lease.
- From £49 Advance Payment, Volkswagen Golf 1.6TDI 115bhp Match 3dr with android auto/apple carplay and front and rear parking sensors
- From £99 Advance Payment, BMW 2 Series Active Tourer 1.5 140bhp 218i SE 5dr with rear parking distance control and satellite navigation
- From £145 Advance Payment, Ford Kuga 1.5T 120bhp Zetec 5dr 5st with quick-clear heated windscreen and sync emergency assistance
- From £249 Advance Payment, Mercedes-Benz A-Class 1.3 136bhp A180 SE 5dr with smartphone integration, apple carplay and satellite navigation
- From £295 Advance Payment, Renault Kadjar 1.3 TCe 140bhp Iconic 5dr with reversing camera and lane departure warning system
- From £495 Advance Payment, Citroen C5 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 131bhp Feel 5dr with 8″ touch screen and lane keep assistance system
- From £499 Advance Payment, Vauxhall Grandland X 1.2 130bhp SE 5dr with automatic headlamps and wipers and lane departure warning system
- From £1499 Advance Payment, Mazda CX-3 2.0 150bhp Sport Nav+ 4WD 5dr with 7″ touch screen, cruise control and speed limiter
Search the full range
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Scheme, start exploring the full range of cars available using our Car Search tool to narrow down your options.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
About the Scheme
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows anyone in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances to use their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Scheme provides flexible and hassle-free access to a brand new, reliable vehicle of your choice. As well as a great choice of cars, we also provide a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
To join the Scheme, you must be in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances (such as the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance). Use our eligibility checker tool to see if you’re eligible.
How to join
If you’re ready to take the next step, find out how to join now.
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Motability Scheme, request an information pack to find out more.
Prices and features of car models shown are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to adjustments or withdrawal in the event of any changes taking place which affect the cost of provision of the lease agreement. In the coming months the wider car market may experience longer delivery times or availability issues with some makes and models and customers are advised to discuss this with their dealer at the point of application. Prices shown are valid for recipients of the HRMC of the DLA and ERMC of PIP making an application between 01/04/2019 and 30/06/2019, but may be subject to change. Customers are advised to check any specifically required vehicle features with their dealer at the point of application. All vehicles shown are for illustrative purposes only. *This is the amount of you higher rate mobility allowance which will continue to be paid to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This amount is based on the current weekly allowance rate of £61.20 (as of 8 April 2019) and will increase if the DWP makes its annual allowance increase (usually in April). Prices for cars shown in blue and green mean that all of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance, including any increases, is paid to Motability Operations Limited. From 01/01/2019 miles per gallon (MPG) performance is measured using the new WLTP fuel economy tests which typically give lower MPG performance than the old NEDC tests. MPG figures are indicative figures and do not necessarily represent real driving results. See manufacturer websites for the most up-to-date MPG performance. Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.