Our range of over 2,000 vehicles available through the Motability Scheme has now been updated for April – June 2018. Every three months, we renegotiate our prices with manufacturers so that we can offer you a choice of vehicles that are both affordable and suitable for your needs. And with such a wide variety available, we’re sure you’ll be able to find one that’s right for you.
The Motability Scheme enables disabled people to get mobile by exchanging their mobility allowance to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair. A typical lease lasts for three years, and we take care of running costs like insurance and breakdown cover as part of our all-inclusive package. All you need to do is add fuel and go: it’s simple, affordable, reliable.
If you’re new to the Motability Scheme, request a free Scheme information pack which gives a snapshot of the latest cars and highlights the value for money options available on the Scheme.
How much does leasing through the Scheme cost?
When you lease a car through the Scheme, there are three pricing options available. Take a look at a small selection of what’s available below:
1. Cars that cost less than your mobility allowance:
There are over 100 cars that cost less than your mobility allowance, giving you money back to spend as you wish. The amount you pay is fixed during your lease and the remainder is paid directly to you by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Fiat 500L 1.4 95bhp Pop Star 5dr 5st where you keep £2.50 per week*
- Toyota Yaris 1.5 VVT-i 100bhp Icon Hybrid 5dr where you keep £1.50 per week*
2. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance:
There are over 200 cars that cost the same as your allowance, which means you swap the whole of your weekly mobility allowance for the car of your choice. There is no Advance Payment on these models. These cars will display the words ‘Total Allowance’ on the specifications page for weekly rental amount on the Car Search tool.
- Hyundai Kona 1.0 T-GDi 120bhp S 5dr with lane keep assist and cruise control
- Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T 115bhp Acenta 5dr 5st with electric folding, heated door mirrors and height adjustable front seatbelts
- Volkswagen Golf 1.0 TSI 110bhp SE 5dr with front and rear parking sensors and front assist with adaptive cruise control
- SEAT Arona 1.6TDI 115bhp FR 5dr with touchscreen satellite navigation and dark tinted rear windows
- Kia Sportage 1.6 GDi 130bhp 1 5dr 5st with hill-start assist control and cruise control
3. Cars that cost all of your mobility allowance and have an Advance Payment:
You can increase your choice further by paying a one-off, non-refundable upfront payment which we call an Advance Payment. The Advance Payment covers the cost between your higher rate mobility allowance and the total cost of your lease.
- From £349 Advance Payment, Audi Q2 1.0TFSI 113bhp SE 5d 5st with rear parking sensors and split folding rear seat bench
- From £499 Advance Payment, Vauxhall Grandland X 1.6CDTi 120bhp SE 5dr with adaptive cruise control and rear parking sensors
- From £999 Advance Payment, Peugeot 3008 SUV 1.2 PureTech 131bhp Active 5dr with 8″ touchscreen display and driver attention alert system
- From £1,295 Advance Payment, Skoda Karoq 1.0 TSI 115bhp SE 5dr with dual zone climate control and rear parking sensors
Search the full range
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Scheme, start exploring the full range of cars available using our Car Search tool to narrow down your options.
Interested in joining the Scheme?
About the Scheme
The Motability Scheme offers an all-inclusive package that allows anyone in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances to use their mobility allowance to lease a car, scooter, powered wheelchair or Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle. The Scheme provides flexible and hassle-free access to a brand new, reliable vehicle of your choice. As well as a great choice of cars, we also provide a wide range of Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles, scooters and powered wheelchairs.
To join the Scheme, you must be in receipt of higher rate mobility allowances (such as the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment or the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance). Use our eligibility checker tool to see if you’re eligible.
How to join
If you’re ready to take the next step, find out how to join now.
If you’d like to join the 600,000 customers already enjoying the benefits of a worry-free lease package through the Motability Scheme, request an information pack to find out more.
Prices and features of car models shown are correct at the time of printing and may be subject to adjustments or withdrawal in the event of any changes taking place which affect the cost of provision of the lease agreement. Prices shown are valid for recipients of the HRMC of the DLA and ERMC of PIP making an application between 01/04/2018 and 30/06/2018, but may be subject to change. Customers are advised to check any specifically required vehicle features with their dealer at the point of application. All vehicles shown are for illustrative purposes only. *This is the amount of your higher rate mobility allowance which will continue to be paid to you by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This amount is based on the current weekly allowance rate of £59.75 and will increase if the DWP makes its annual allowance increases (usually in April). Prices for cars shown in blue and red mean that all of your weekly higher rate mobility allowance, including any increases, is paid to Motability Operations Limited. All MPG figures quoted are combined, indicative figures and do not necessarily represent real driving results. Motability Operations Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.